What does SACE CPTD points mean and how do you earn it? What happens when you don’t earn all of your CPTD points in a 3 year cycle?
We understand your frustration about SACE CPTD and will try to answer as much of your questions here. Unfortunately we do not have all the answers but will get you official responses when you submit your questions here!
A FEW QUESTIONS ALREADY ASKED AND ANSWERED BY SACE:
1. Does my masters or honours degree count towards CPTD CPTD points?
Yes, but only if you completed it after 2017.
2. I attended workshops and conferences not accredited by SACE. Can I still claim SACE CPTD LEVEL 3 points?
3. How do I check if a SACE provider is accredited?
Before attending you can drop SACE an email or call to check if the provider is approved and if the program they are advertising is endorsed.
4. What type of SACE CPTD activities can I enter on the online portal?
You can only add LEVEL 1 CPTD points on the online portal.
5. When do I have to send my portfolio in if I do not make use of the online system?
May/Jun or Nov/Dec
6. Does coaching learners (sport / culture) count towards SACE CPTD points?
7. How do I enter level 3 SACE points that providers didn’t load?
Unfortunately the provider has to be the one sending details of attendees, what SACE can do is, if you send them the date and the name of the provider, they can enquire with the company to find out where the names of the attendees are and as a result you will be assisting others who attended and were not given what is due to them (points).
8. A conference isn’t endorsed by SACE, but is still educational of nature where I can learn about educational topics. Can I claim LEVEL 1 points as part of “Attending Educational Conferences / Workshop Sessions / Breakfast or Dinner Sessions” for a full day, or over two days?
Yes, you can. Remember to keep proof of attendance and reflect on it.